Posted on: June 5, 2021
Medical Assistants are responsible for providing patient centric
care and medical assistance duties for UMMS Ambulatory Care
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional,
friendly, hospitable manner.
- Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital
signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic
medical record (EMR).
- Accurately record patient information such as vital signs,
review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical
- Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine
maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of
surgical instrument kits.
- Assisting with procedures; phlebotomy/specimen send-outs;
injections; assist with splinting/casting; EKG's; drug and alcohol
testing / physicals; in-house lab testing: rapid strep, pregnancy
testing, flu testing, glucose, etc.
- Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including
the ability to start intravenous (IV) lines, draw blood and collect
urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral
medications, provide injections and immunizations, provide oxygen
and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures,
perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid
laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples
for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for
durable medical equipment.
- Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team
member, depending on daily assignment.
- Performs all of the assigned duties of the host or clinical
daily responsibilities check list for opening, shift and closing of
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between
- Processes cash and credit payments for services.
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of medical supplies and
processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing of and
responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Assist new associates in training as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Roving to all centers in your market required.
- High school diploma is required.
- Successful completion of a formal medical assistant training
program is required. In absence of program completion, one year of
related work experience will be accepted.
- BLS/CPR Certification required.
- Urgent Care/Fast Track ER experience is preferred.
- Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and
phlebotomy is preferred.
Keywords: UOFMARYLANDMEDSYS, Dundalk , Medical Asst, Other , Dundalk, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!